Typical Duties of a Manager in Training, Production Operations include:
– Assist in the implementation and management of SOPs including, but not limited to, feeding strategies, animal movement and care, proper ventilation practices and the use of pharmaceutical (medication) and biological products (vaccines) in a BTW setting.
-Assist the Farm Manager with local human resource management for employees including safety promotion, recruitment, creating work schedules and reporting hours, administering discipline, performing terminations and accurate recordkeeping.
– Oversee daily production activities including time management, consulting with Team Leads and team members on goal setting and prioritization of activities, coordination of animal movements, feed and supply deliveries, monitoring of animal health and assisting with daily animal care
– High school diploma or GED required.
– Bachelors of Science in Agriculture or a related field preferred.
– Two years of experience in modern swine production or related experience, with one year of supervisory experience preferred. Bachelors degree may be substituted for work experience.
1) Knowledge of:
– Animal science as applied in modern swine production systems
– Information Management Systems for swine production
– Standard Operating Procedures
– Quality Management Systems, Process Verification
2) Skill in:
– Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
– Organizational and leadership skills
– Uncompromising commitment to customer service
– Adaptation to new and changing technology
3) Ability to:
– Work independently, as well as part of a team
– Make sound business decisions
– Maintain confidentiality
– Lead, develop, coach and motivate others
Apply online by clicking HERE!.