The Wean to Finish Farm Manager is responsible for the oversight and performance of wean to finish swine production barns within a designated region. Ability to manage and develop teams, identify opportunities as well as solutions as they arise is critical to be successful in this role. The Farm Manager will be expected to represent Christensen Farms at a highly professional level when interacting with all employees, independent contractors and producers. While geographically focused the successful candidate will be part of a team which is focused on system-wide improvement objectives.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for the oversight of swine production sites within a region under the direction of a Service Manager.
• Identify, diagnose and respond to health, environmental and nutritional requirements of pigs in the designated geographical area.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are upheld at all times.
• Prepare service reports for each visit that provides an accurate assessment of the site and agreed upon solutions; delivering value to CF.
• Work in partnership with staff to ensure animal wellbeing standards are upheld.
• Ensure vaccine and medication protocols are administered according to established protocols.
• Manage medication, vaccine and supply inventories according to schedules.
• Prepare and manage a weekly schedule that provides objectives for each farm visit or scheduled meeting.
• Interact with others in a way that expedites resolution to conflict, promotes positive outcome and builds credibility and rapport.
• Selects, train and develop teams.
• Sets goals and monitors performance.
• Assesses performance assessments and take appropriate actions.
• Responsible for improving employee satisfaction and engagement.
• Closely communicates and reports on results with the Service Manager.
• Understand basic principles of contractual arrangements with contractors and producers.
• In coordination with the Service Manager, actively participates in the group close out review.
• Work with employees and local communities in a professional manner to uphold CF standards and enhances CF’s reputation
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
Minimum formal education required:
Some College within an agriculture-based major is preferred.
Minimum number of years of prior job experience required: Minimum 1-3 years previous livestock experience.
Other Technical Skills required:
Requires an individual that has outstanding detail and organizational ability. Basic computer skills/knowledge required. Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced changing environment. Display a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships with a variety of personalities. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment.
This position will require occasionally operating a company vehicle or mileage reimbursement. Any
employment offer extended for this position will be contingent upon the review of the candidate’s motor
vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CFF’s insurance
carrier and company policy.
Apply online by clicking HERE or call 1-800-889-8531 for more information.
Or click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Christensen Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.