PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for setting up and testing ventilation systems post-remodel and pre-pig entry and to maintain and troubleshoot these systems long term for Iowa Select Farms production sites.
• Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violations.
• Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
• Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
• Follow company guidelines for vehicle usage.
• Work closely with site managers and/or production supervisors to ensure system performance and address any issues or concerns that arise during system operation.
• Perform site visits to identify items needing addressed by construction and electrical crews.
• Coordinate with Director of Repair and Maintenance, Construction Supervisor and Environmental Projects Manager on issues needing addressed pre and post setup.
• Communicate with construction and electrician crews on issues they see on farm that need to be addressed.
• Follow through on any issues identified on site to ensure they are addressed by the appropriate person.
• Assist in training farm staff, supervisors, and maintenance personnel on new ventilation system and controllers.
• Assist in development of troubleshooting SOPs for farm staff.
• Assist in development of emergency response plans for ventilation management.
• Identify improvements that can be made to the ventilation and filtration system and implement company wide.
• Follow up with farm staff on system performance and address any issues or concerns that arise during system operation.
• Assist farm staff with seasonal ventilation changes
• Develop system performance evaluation methodology (e.g. leak checks, filter performance testing/replacement, etc.) and coordinate with Environmental Projects Manager to ensure continued optimal performance of ventilation and filtration system.
• Must have a thorough understanding of electrical concepts and must have complete knowledge and ability to efficiently run a volt-meter.
• Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to troubleshoot electrical issues.
• Repair and maintenance, construction and ventilation experience is extremely helpful to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
• Be available to work in an on-call status for weekend emergency needs.
• Shower in and out of facilities to complete set up and maintenance of ventilation and filtration systems.
• Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
• Daily focus should be on welfare or animals, not personal issues.
• Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to walk into barns by start time given.
• Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
• Flexibility in hours during health and staffing challenges is required.
Bilingual: Not required
Education/ Experience: Mechanical mindedness is a necessity. Demonstrate knowledge in general construction methods including electrical, and ventilation. With advanced electrical knowledge being a plus.
Qualifications: A valid driver’s license and a good driving record is a must for this position.
This person must be able to work with limited or no supervision, so they must have initiative, organization, dependability, and be self-motivated. They will have to troubleshoot a wide variety of electrical and ventilation issues, so being mechanically minded and having a firm understanding of electricity and ventilation is a necessity. This position will require the technician to at times work with other employees so team skills and good communication are important. This person will also need basic computer and smart phone skills.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds over their head, climb ladders and to climb over gates up to 48 inches in height as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, work for extending periods of time above their head, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. Direct contact with animals may occur, so company bio-security practices must be understood and practiced at all times. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the scope of the employee’s responsibility.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.