Position requires overnight travel up to 75% of the time. Project locations are Midwest Based.
Duties of the position include: Daily management of assigned projects. Ensure quality and cost standards set by company are met in a timely, efficient and ethical manner. Excellent organizational skills are required.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Project Planning and Support:
• Participate with project scope, site assessments, site layout, and project details
• Participate in pre-construction planning
• Communicate progress, issues, and solutions to supervisor throughout project
Construction Project Management:
• Explain, execute and sign contracts with specified subcontractors
• Execute daily management of sub-contract excavators, concrete crews, framers, electricians, and equipment installers
• Responsible to have appropriate materials at project site in a timely fashion to meet project deadlines
• Receive and verify material shipment quantity and integrity
• Communicate and/or resolve shipping schedules/conflicts with vendors or operations manage
• Submit required project reports in a timely, accurate, and complete manner
• Complete purchase orders, inventory documents, and time sheets to specified detail daily and weekly
• Perform and complete final inspection documentation
• High level of communication with production managers to achieve goals of both production and construction departments
• Maintain company equipment (skidloader, trailer, vehicle, power tools)
• Must possess or attain CDL Class B driver’s license and health card
Previous construction related experience and/or education related to the construction field. Work requires extensive knowledge of business operations. Must have knowledge of general construction processes. Understanding of accounting systems, construction phases, materials, and vendors is also required.
Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and important information in a timely manner. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work. Ensures ethical representation in all facets of Christensen Farms. Ability to apply independent judgment in major areas of accountability. Strict adherence to company confidentiality.
This position will require operating a company vehicle or regular mileage reimbursement. Any employment offer extended for this position will be is contingent upon the review of the candidate’s motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CFF’s insurance carrier and company policy.
Apply online at www.christensenfarms.com or call 1-800-889-8531 for more information.
Or click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Christensen Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.