Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Technical Services Manager is a field-based position responsible for providing technical support to Sales and Marketing for Merck Animal Health products specific to swine animal health. Responsibilities include providing technical support for swine products and programs, including response to product inquiries and adverse reports in accordance with internal and external regulatory policies. The position will be required to maintain contact with key industry professionals to include academic, veterinary related individuals or groups. Additional duties will include attending and presenting in prominent industry scientific meetings. This individual will interact with our swine customers at a technical level to ensure the optimal use of our products to meet the customer needs. Additionally, the Technical Services Manager will train sales representatives on the use of technical data during sales calls and serve in a technical capacity on marketing teams.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Deliver a high level of technical expertise, service and support to MAH swine sales in the US. Assure those services are provided within corporate objectives and within budget guidelines.
– Participate as a scientific speaker on the agenda of key swine industry meetings where needed.
– Assist research and development team with product evaluation, licensing trials and product development for all MAH products.
– Obtain information regarding customer needs through various channels, networking and customer visits, providing feedback to prioritize research and development needs.
– Aid in development of technical and marketing brochures for MAH products.
– Act as a liaison between prominent researchers in university, government and private settings to supply MAH with stream of information regarding innovative products and developments within the research world.
– Communicate between various MAH departments, as needed, to aid in delivery of product to customers, i.e. International Registration, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Production, etc.
Education Minimum Requirement:
– Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) degree
Required Experience and Skills:
– Must have minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience including field experience in swine production and/or swine medicine.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Good leadership skills
– Candidate should have experience with all types of swine production systems.
– Ability to translate technical information and present it in understandable terms to lay people.
– Must be willing to travel at least 50 – 60% of the time
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations
To apply, visit http://www.merck.com/careers to apply to posting number SCI004504.