Carthage Innovative Swine Solutions offers opportunities for undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers in swine research to participate in commercial sow production in large, modern swine facilities. Students will be provided the opportunity to work hands-on in commercial research facilities, learning about the overall process of commercial clinical trials and well as internal research and discovery trials. Students will have the opportunity to learn new skills, enhance knowledge in the research and veterinary fields, practice real-life processes and put skills learned in the classroom into use on a day-to-day basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Preference of at least 2 years education in Animal Science or other related field AND
• Related experience in swine/animal production AND
• Leadership experience
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to work independently
• Self-organization and motivation
• Strong work ethic and problem solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Mental and Physical Requirements:
• Demonstrate ability to excel within an accelerated work environment
• Possess the motivation to work within a team based work environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk for extended periods of time & lift 50 lbs
• Competitive pay
• Housing assistance
• Training in all aspects of commercial swine production
For consideration, submit a resume to: Human Resources, PO Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
OR to email a cover letter and resume, click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button . Please state Carthage Innovative Swine Solutions and the job title as the subject of your email application.