Fast Genetics is a global leader in the pig genetics business, leading the industry in supplying its customers with healthy and world-class performing breeding stock. Fast Genetics owes much of its success to its progressive, enthusiastic, and professional team of employees. Fast Genetics is currently seeking a highly motivated person to fill a full-time position of a Swine Production Technician in Spiritwood, Saskatchewan.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions but is not limited to:
The successful candidate would ideally possess the following qualifications and experiences:
• Self-motivated and reliable,
• Team player,
• Outstanding organization and communication skills and demonstrates attention to detail,
• Able to manage priorities and solve problems,
• Previous livestock experience,
• Driver’s license,
• College certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry with 1-2 years of experience would be an asset, but not a requirement, as on the job training is provided,
• Shares in Fast Genetics core values,
o Integrity: to be honest with our customers and ourselves and to maintain high ethical principles.
o Respect: for our people, our pigs, our customers and the environment in which we work.
o Innovation: to always seek new and creative ways to improve our products and services for our customers.
o Excellence: we will do what it takes to get the job done right in an effort to exceed customer expectations.
Wages range from $12.50 -$19.50/hr and is based on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. Fast Genetics offers a comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental/ortho, vision, disability, group life insurance, and a registered pension plan.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to ATTN: Human Resources Manager via:
or click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please list the job title as the subject of your email application