Oversee all daily aspects of swine finishing unit, but not limited to, maintaining targets, daily pig care, facility maintenance, sort/delivery, heard health, vaccination program, nutrition, staff development and record keeping. Responsibility will encompass up to 26,000 head of wean-to-finishers.
We also offer Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Vacation, Holiday, etc.
Skills & Abilities
• Prefer an animal science degree (Not Required)
• Minimum 2 or 3 years of experience
• Demonstrated problem solving skills & team building
• Good verbal & written communications skills
• Be a positive, productive member to produce a great culture
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Demonstrate ability to build a high performance/engaged work environment
• Effective use of key performance indicators in an swine environment to drive results
• Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to develop standards, and measure results
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
• Basic computer skills
• Understanding of feeding/watering systems
• Understanding of chemicals/cleaning equipment
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb 4-foot gates, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 50 pounds.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
• Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read application information.
• Frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and communicate verbally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, and is occasionally exposed to humid conditions, ambient air, hot and cold temperature, fumes or airborne particles, traffic, and chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally high.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.