This position is responsible for overseeing swine facilities owned or managed by Summit Farms, LLC. In Pocahontas, Palo Alto, Kossuth, Emmet and Humboldt counties.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure facilities and grounds are maintained in a manner that prolongs the life of the facility and the facility is not a reason the pigs don’t perform.
· Perform emergency and preventative maintenance on facilities and grounds.
· Perform facility inspections and complete detailed inspection reports.
· Manage inventory of parts and tools.
· Work closely with pig owners to understand repairs and set timelines for completion of repairs.
· Work closely with manager to understand workloads, labor needs, cap ex needs and budgets.
· Follow pig owner’s bio-security rules and expectations.
· Identify capital improvement projects, compile cost estimates and manage projects.
· Assist with new construction projects as needed.
· Assist Environmental Manager with manure application management, grass seeding and tree planting.
EXPIERENCE THAT DEMOSTRATES
· Self-starter; able to work with little or no direction
· Strong, professional verbal communication skills
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environment and responsibilities
· Exceptional organization and ability to prioritize
· Strong positive customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Working knowledge of livestock confinements
· Ability to operate power tools, farm machinery, hand tools
· Valid driver’s license with satisfactory motor vehicle record
· Able to lift 50 lbs. and perform manual labor
· Strong understanding of swine facility operations
· Ability to work outside in extreme conditions
· 3 years of work experience in swine facilities
· Working knowledge of building structures
Call Brian Schreck 515-854-9842.
Or visit https://summitag.com/careers/ to apply online.