· Ensure facilities are maintained in a manner that prolongs the life of the facility and the facility is not a reason the pigs don’t perform.
· Perform emergency and preventative maintenance on facilities.
· Perform facility inspections and complete detailed inspection reports.
· Receive repair requests and dispatch technicians.
· Manage inventory of parts and tools.
· Work closely with pig owners to understand repairs and set timelines for completion of repairs.
· Work closely with manager to understand workloads, labor needs, cap ex needs and budgets.
· Follow pig owner’s bio-security rules and expectations.
· Identify capital improvement projects, compile cost estimates and manage projects.
· Assist with new construction projects as needed.
· Assist Environmental Manager with manure management as needed.
Also with experience that demonstrates:
· Self-starter; able to work with little or no direction
· Strong, professional verbal communication skills
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environment and responsibilities
· Exceptional organization and ability to prioritize
· Strong positive customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Working knowledge of livestock confinements
Ability to operate power tools, farm machinery, hand tools
Valid driver’s license with satisfactory motor vehicle record
Able to lift 50 lbs. and perform manual labor
Strong understanding of swine facility operations
Ability to work outside in extreme conditions
3 years of work experience in swine facilities
Working knowledge of building structures
Call Brian Schreck at 515-854-9842.
Or visit https://summitag.com/careers/ to apply online.