This is a student position responsible for assisting in the operations and activities of a department or a departmental project, program, or function.
1. Provides assistance to the Swine and Goat Centers by assisting staff in routine animal related duties and responsibilities, such as feeding, cleaning stalls/pens, catching/turn out, monitoring animal health, etc.
2. Provides assistance by reporting issues with animals or equipment, running errands to pick up feed, gas, and other supplies, grounds and lawn maintenance, greeting visitors, and directing questions to appropriate staff member.
3. Assists in file and records maintenance, stays current on employee training.
4. Assists in the preparation and implementation of departmental project/program activities, including club related activities.
5. Provides general maintenance to equipment and/or training regarding project/program.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
7. Must be able to work weekends and holidays on rotation with other student workers as assigned
The minimum education required for admittance as a student at Stephen F. Austin State University.
No direct experience is required. Training and instruction will be provided.
1. Previous animal handling experience
2. Ability or previous experience in operating a tractor
1. Must be able to lift 50 lbs
2. Must be able to drive an ATV/Gator
3. Must be able to work in all weather conditions outdoors
4. Must be able to climb or step over a fence with minimal effort
Special Conditions for Eligibility
A student must be enrolled in six or more semester hours to be eligible for student employment during the fall or spring semesters. To be eligible for student employment during the summer, a student must be enrolled in three or more semester hours or be registered for courses in the upcoming fall semester.
Student assistants may not hold any other type of position such as a graduate assistantship or temporary casual employment at the same time that they are employed as a student assistant.
Please apply online by clicking HERE.