The Sow Production Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and developing farm managers for optimum performance while adhering to Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The Sow Production Manager will ensure managed farms assigned to them are meeting company goals and objectives for maximum productivity, efficiency and profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• B.S. degree in Animal Science or equivalent OR
• A minimum of 5 years sow farm management experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Possess a high degree of discipline, organization, and self-direction
• Use of logic and reasoning skills to identify strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Requires use of scientific rules and methods to analyze and solve complex problems
• Requires project management, and time management skills
• Requires strong interpersonal skills to build and foster relationships with various personalities
• Possess strong verbal, written, presentation skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, excel, Outlook)
• Possess a strong understanding of animal behavior, toleration and willingness to perform animal husbandry tasks on a routine basis necessary
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat and be on feet for up to 10 hours per day
• Frequent bending, reaching, pulling, lifting – occasionally lifting and pulling up to 100 lbs with assistance of another team member
• Ability to lift up to50 lbs
• Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection in some areas
• Ability to display a high level of respect to team members and animals
• Willingness to travel on a daily basis (some overnight travel is required)
Apply online at www.carthagesystem.com/careers/ .
Or to submit your resume via email, click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button . Please state Professional Swine Management and the job title as the subject of your email application.