Sow Unit Farm Manager Wanted
Are you an outstanding manager looking for a new challenge? Are you frustrated with not having the freedom and support you need to be successful? Do you want to be a part of a successful, growing enterprise that is built upon a foundation of teamwork, competitive drive, and conducting business the right way? Then Kalmbach Swine Management wants to meet you. We are currently searching for an experienced manager to facilitate operations at our new, state of the art 2500 head multiplication sow farm located near Findlay, OH.
Background on us. Kalmbach Swine Management is the leading Ohio pork production company. We entered the industry in 1985 with the purchase of a 600 head farrow to finish operation in Circleville. Through innovative management and dedicated teamwork we have expanded our operations to include 11 farrow-to-wean sow farms housing over 30,000 animals and achieving over 30 PSY as a system. Aside from our Circleville location, our farms are primarily distributed throughout western Ohio from Marysville to Bryan.
KSM is a company whose primary focus is to maximize production and lower cost in order to produce safe, wholesome pork with an emphasis on animal welfare. To accomplish this goal, we utilize innovative management strategies, comprehensive training programs, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves as a management team that fosters an environment of integrated decision making while providing all the tools necessary to lead the industry in production and efficiency.
As we continue to grow our operation we are looking for an intelligent, hardworking, and innovative individuals who can effectively manage our newest farm and maintain the success we have enjoyed as a company. This is a production position of high responsibility, conducting all supervisory activities and related functions. The ideal candidate must have excellent organization and people skills to meet customer demands, corporate goals, and build an effective cross-functional team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Exhibit strong math and computer skills
• Demonstrate communication, organizational, and leadership skills
• Have the ability to thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment
• Possess a reliable, dependable, and motivated personality
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to teamwork and employee development
• Willingness to relocate is a plus
• Flexibility to work every third weekend and additional hours as needed
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Ability to stoop, bend, and lift fifty pounds
• Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Education and Related Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Agriculture, or a related field is preferred
• 5+ years of supervisory experience in sow farm operations
Kalmbach Swine Management offers
• Compensation plan above industry standard
• Lucrative production bonus
• Offsite, complimentary farm house
• Health, dental, vision, and prescription insurance plan
• Paid life insurance
• Three weeks of paid time off to start plus six paid holidays
• Generous 401K with company match
• Short and long term disability
• Childcare reimbursement
• Medical reimbursement
• Company owned condo in Fort Meyers, Florida
• Recruiting Bonus
Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and physical are required.
Click here to fill out the online job application.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.