The Sow Farm Manager is responsible for ensuring the carrying out of daily responsibilities in the caring for the welfare of the animals, including feed, water, and management. The Sow Farm Manager directly manages the team of farm employees and ensures they are working effectively and efficiently. This position will coordinate employees into highly effective team members to produce high quality animals in the most productive manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of a B.S degree in Animal Science or equivalent is preferred AND
• 3-5 years related experience in swine production AND
• Minimum of 1 year people management experience OR
• A combination of above
Knowledge and Skills:
• Possesses problem solving techniques
• Demonstrates knowledge of overall business strategy and operations
• Possesses basic proficiency in spreadsheet, database, word processing software
• Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills
Mental and Physical Requirements:
• Demonstrate ability to excel within an accelerated work environment
• Possess the motivation to work within a team based work environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk for extended periods of time & lift 50 lbs
For consideration, submit a resume to: Human Resources, PO Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
OR to email a cover letter and resume, click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button . Please state Professional Swine Management the job title as the subject of your email application.