The key person in the management of a sow facility is the Site Manager. The production of the unit, the management of the employees, the upkeep of the sow unit, and the moral of the unit is all the responsibility of the Site Manager. This person will also be a working manager and will have labor responsibilities in the unit. This person will be working daily with the Management Company to insure all tasks and areas of management are done.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Oversee Daily Management of Unit
Provide Leadership and Oversee Other Employees
Work With Management Company
Breeding and Farrowing Responsibilities
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of and ability to follow company policies and procedures
• Must possess organization, leadership, production, problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to use a computer effectively, including Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
• Ability to multi-task
• Positive, friendly and respectful demeanor at all times
• Regular, consistent attendance required with flexibility in hours.
• Ability to life, move or carry up to 50 pounds
• Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state VMC Management Corp and the job title as the subject of your email application.