Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
SENIOR TEAM LEAD – HOG BARN
ASR Nursery (La Broquerie, MB Area) – Full Time Position
Reporting to the Manager, Hog Barn, the Team Lead will be accountable for all areas and activities of the facility.
• Supervise, lead, train, and mentor the Animal Care Technician team
• Provide quality care to the animals in the facility in adherence with the Five Freedoms
• Ability to ship a high volume of animals in accordance with the animal welfare code
• Ensure that all components of the Pork Excellence and RWA programs are adhered to
• Ensure the site is kept in a good state of repair by implementing a routine maintenance program
• Drive a strong culture for ensuring a safe work environment
• Ensure and promote a respectful work environment
• Create an environment where employees are motivated to achieve company goals and objectives
• Is committed to Six Sigma and a culture of continuous learning and improvement
• Build effective teams, leading by example to provide effective leadership by being flexible, capable and willing to be “hands on” to perform any other technical or production-related task, as circumstances require
• Is committed to setting high standards for Occupational Health and Safety, Food Safety, and Animal Welfare
• Able to very efficiently handle all managerial and production administrative activities in the Manager’s absence
• Is passionate about providing and promoting the Good in Food
• Previous experience in a leadership role an asset
• Previous experience working in the hog industry
• Self-driven with excellent problem-solving ability • Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to use Microsoft Office software
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
• An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.