Reporting to the Director of Production, the Senior Production Manager – Commercial Sow Production will be responsible for ensuring optimal production levels are achieved within the commercial sow farm locations. You will lead a group of Production Managers while demonstrating a commitment to the Company’s production goals, the Companies Core Values, Policies, Strategies, and Initiatives.
As a member of the Senior Production Management Team, you are a direct representative of the Company and therefore are expected to lead by example, demonstrating outstanding commitment and professionalism. This will include, but not be limited to, providing leadership through strong communication, promotion and implementation of the Company’s Core Values.
Cost control and fiscal responsibility of production assets are qualities that must be demonstrated. This position must ensure that budgets and financial targets are set and are clearly communicated to production units, and actual results are compared to targets. Action plans will also be developed and implemented to address deviations from targets.
• Bachelor of Agriculture, Business Administration, Engineering, Operations or other relevant post secondary degree or equivalent experience;
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in swine production management;
• Experience managing a range of production projects and continuous improvement;
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, create strategies & successfully drive improvements;
• Must have demonstrated ability to lead and develop direct reports for succession opportunities;
• Self-driven and motivated;
• Must have the ability to deal with high-pressure situations;
• Good business sense;
• Strong aptitude for interpersonal relationships;
• Good computer skills.
Or Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your cover letter and resume. Please state Olymel and the job title as the subject of your email application.