The Coordinator, Quality Assurance is based in Landmark, MB, but requires travel to five feed facilities within Manitoba. The Coordinator, Quality Assurance is responsible for supporting the development, updating, monitoring and execution of the policies and procedures established at Maple Leaf Agri-Farms for feed operations with regards to the GMP, HACCP Programs, Niche Programs and any other applicable guidelines as defined by external agencies i.e. CFIA, ANAC (FeedAssure™) and CPC. Additionally, this role assumes support for monitoring incoming ingredient and finished feed metrics.
• Reporting to the Quality Assurance Specialist, provides assistance with the development, maintenance and implementation of the GMP/HACCP FeedAssure™ Programs, the MLAF Production Quality Assurance Program, and any other written programs mandated by MLAF.
• Reviews industry standards and legislative changes to support revision, distribution and implementation of SOPs and current program references.
• Monitor the effectiveness of, and compliance to, these standards and regulations through internal audit procedures, provide feedback, direction for corrective actions and retraining as required.
• Work with the feed operations team to support compliance through standardized quality and food safety training.
• Assists with all regulatory, customer, CFIA and other third-party audits and inspections and subsequent follow up.
• Management and timely reporting of major deviations and subsequent detailed Corrective Action reports.
• Liaison with other Maple Leaf business units, customers, industry groups, provincial and federal governments, and external service providers, and deliver presentations periodically.
• Assist with routine incoming ingredient and finished feed quality control, sampling and testing
• Undertake other related projects as appropriate.
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Agriculture or a related discipline is preferred • Minimum one year’s experience with GMP/HACCP systems and Quality Assurance in livestock feed manufacturing
• Working knowledge of GMP/HACCP, Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Team player
• Ability to train others
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent attention to detail together with problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to write strong protocol and policy documents.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to live and teach the Maple Leaf Leadership Values
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf and the job title as the subject of your email application.