The Maschhoffs, the largest independent pork producer in the U.S., is looking for a Production Manager in the Sioux Rapids/Primghar/Larrabee, IA area.
Job Title: Production Manager
Provide oversight and accountability for a portfolio of company-owned and/or Production Partner farrow-to-finish production farms. Train, teach, and coach on a daily basis to ensure consistent implementation of best practices on the farms that drive productivity, optimize efficiency, promote sustainability, and safeguard the well-being of the animals. Establish team excellence in production planning, scheduling, execution of standard work, operational efficiency, and driving results. Understand company vision and successfully manage change on the farm to support innovation and drive continuous improvement.
Typical Duties of a Production Manager includes:
Operational Excellence in Pig Production
- Assist in planning production and setting goals for all farms within assigned region.
- Ensure the implementation of standard operating procedures through routine farm visits and formal farm audits.
- Ensure that Farm Managers are utilizing system tools to maintain accurate production records.
- Monitor and track production performance at each farm to ensure achievement of goals.
- Daily foster a culture of lean continuous improvement and efficiency in all operations.
- Support Production Partners and employees implement technologies and other innovations to improve production.
- Participate in routine periodic management meetings and effectively communicate issues through chain of command
- Routinely review operating costs and performance for production farms within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Maintain sharp focus on daily management to reduce controllable costs.
- Support field reporting systems that drive analysis and reporting of key success factors.
Animal Care and Bio-Security
- Collaborate with Health Services to establish farm-specific biosecurity plans. Comply with all company and farm-level standard work that promotes bio-security.
- Collaborate with Health Services to implement preventative and therapeutic health treatment programs.
- Ensure implementation of individual pig care practices to maintain health and well-being of all animals under our care.
Hiring, Staffing, and Leadership Development
- Foster effective working relationships with Production Partners and employees.
- Partner with Human Resources for hiring, staffing, discipline, and terminations.
- Recruit, hire, on-board, and accelerate new team members.
- Develop leadership and technical skills of all team members through communication, training, and application of company leadership tools.
- Promote safe work habits and a safe working environment.
- Ensure that all work-related injuries are properly reported and documented.
- Work with Animal Housing resources to identify building and equipment repair needs. Support the team to facilitate major capital repairs, routine repairs, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that farm managers are attending to barn facility housekeeping and routine low-level maintenance.
- Implement best management practices for environmental stewardship.