The Wean to Finish Production Manager is responsible for the oversight and performance of wean to finish swine production barns within a designated region. Ability to manage timelines and identify opportunities as well as solutions as they arise is critical to be successful in this role. The Production Manager will be expected to represent Christensen Farms at a highly professional level when interacting with all employees, independent contractors and producers. While geographically focused the successful candidate will be part of a team which is focused on system-wide improvement objectives.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for the oversight of swine production sites within a region under the direction of a Service Manager.
• Identify, diagnose and respond to health, environmental and nutritional requirements of pigs in the designated geographical area.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are upheld at all times.
• Prepare service reports for each visit that provides an accurate assessment of the site and agreed upon solutions; delivering value to both CF and the producer/contractor.
• Work in partnership with producers, contractors and staff to ensure animal wellbeing standards are upheld.
• Ensure vaccine and medications are administered according to established protocols
• Manage medication, vaccine and supply inventories according to schedules.
• When appropriate assist a producer or contractor in the identification and treatment of pigs in need
• Prepare and manage a weekly schedule that provides objectives for each farm visit or scheduled meeting
• Interact with others in a way that expedites resolution to conflict, promotes positive outcome and builds credibility and rapport.
• Closely communicates and reports on results with the Service Manager.
• Understand basic principles of contractual arrangements with contractors and producers.
• In coordination with the Service Manager, actively participates in the group close out review and discussion with a producer or contractor.
• Work with producers, contractors, employees and local communities in a professional manner to uphold CF standards and enhances CF’s reputation
**MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND LOCATIONS**
Minimum formal education required: Some College within an agriculture-based major is preferred.
Minimum number of years of prior job experience required: Minimum 1-3 years previous livestock experience.
Other Technical Skills required: Requires an individual that has outstanding detail and organizational ability. Basic computer skills/knowledge required. Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced changing environment. Display a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships with a variety of personalities. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment.
This position will require occasionally operating a company vehicle or mileage reimbursement. Any
employment offer extended for this position will be contingent upon the review of the candidate’s motor
vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CF’s insurance
carrier and company policy.
Apply online at www.christensenfarms.com or call 1-800-889-8531 for more information.
Or click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.