PURPOSE OF POSITION: Work with farm managers and others to maintain and enter production data to ensure accurate and current information is available for management to make timely production decisions.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violation.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Receive, collect, organize and process information received from farm sites.
· Interpret, code, and input information received through electronic communications.
· Communicate as needed with farm managers and production management team to assure accurate information is entered into the system.
· Prepare reports and summary cards as requested by management.
· Reconcile production data weekly with farms and site managers to assure accuracy.
· Perform general clerical duties that include organizing and filing of information.
· Assist with reconciling herd audit results into the production information system.
· Assist co-workers with data entry and information transfer tasks as requested.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on the success of the company, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to work by start time given.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during staffing challenges is required.
Bilingual: Not required
Education/ Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with accounting, database, or information systems experience; MetaFarms production system experience; or a background in swine production record keeping or similar ag-related field. Computer literacy is important with competencies in ten-key, and Microsoft Office, specially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Standard work hours: 8:00 am- 5 pm Monday through Friday at Corporate office with occasional weekend and evening hours as required.
This person must demonstrate sound time-management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing, and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner. They must be able to establish and carry out specific courses of action for self and/ or groups by organizing and prioritizing tasks. Must be able to create and participate in a team environment. Be able to effectively communicate orally, in person and over the telephone, and in writing, using electronic devises and handwritten, with other employees and organizational contacts. The employee must always present a professional image in dress, language and action at all times promoting trust and confidence in the team and the organization.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40, as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. The employee must have the ability to sit for long periods of time with users locally or on the phone. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The environment the employee will be working in is a climate-controlled office with hazards typical to that environment. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.