Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
PORK PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
Southern Valley Finisher (South Central, MB area – Full Time Position
Starting Wage – $14.60 Per Hour
The Pork Production Technician works directly with the Specialist, Manufacturing and is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities in the barn. This position requires the person to be part of a team working towards specific production goals.
– Works with the manager to achieve and exceed productivity requirements, including but not limited to: Health and Safety, Quality Control, Animal Welfare, Maintenance, Ventilation, and Bio-security
– Works with the manager to achieve excellent marketing results
– Perform clerical duties to include but not limited to tasks such as maintaining door charts, inventory trackers, ordering feed and medication
– Pressure washing and cleaning facilities between batches
– General maintenance and repair of buildings and site
– Experience in hog production will be considered an asset
– Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
– Strong communication skills (oral and written)
– Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
– A valid driver’s licence and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required
– Weekend and holiday hours are required on a rotational basis
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.