Purpose of the Position: To work with the payroll manager to complete all payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. The payroll department is responsible for the majority of the data entry regarding employee information and personnel files, ensuring it is always up-to-date and accurate.
· Implements, maintains and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes and other deductions.
· Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, transfers, changes to pay and other personnel information.
· Enters, maintains and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes and other information.
· Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
· Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors and accounting teams.
· Identifies and recommends updates to payroll systems and procedures.
· Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits when needed.
· Process bi-weekly payroll for multiple entities
· Manages processes related to payroll such as leave of absences, referrals and short staffing pay
· Process unscheduled payrolls, including, but not limited to, quarterly bonuses, discretionary bonuses, annual sick pay out, other payrolls on demand.
· Verify and process monthly benefit premium payments
· Process requests for verification of employment (current and previous)
· Process requests for verification of wages (DHS, financial institutions, government)
· Run reports to confirm and analyze payroll information for each process and payroll
· Scan and upload forms into electronic employee files timely
· Help ensure time off and pay information is being recorded appropriately and provide training where needed
· Conduct payroll training for newly hired or promoted managers
· Establish relationships and work closely with approximately 200 managers and supervisors to collect accurate information and outstanding documents or information in regards to all employee and payroll information
· Respond timely to management / employee questions or requests Verify payroll bank funding, quarterly and annual tax returns
· Assist and support the benefits manager by providing reports regarding 401k plans and remit 401k contributions in accordance with the DOL guidelines
· Assist the Benefits Administrator with Flex Plan and Cobra administration and all other benefits related processes as needed
· Assist with benefit questions and enrollments
· Other duties as assigned
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on the success of the company, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical, especially on the payroll processing days every other week. Be at work on scheduled days and ready to work by start time given.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during payroll processing is required as holidays impact the payroll processing times and deadlines.
· Collaborate with other departments within the company.
· Adhere to ISF animal well-being policy at all times and partnering with Production Well-being team when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and fixing violation if issue is brought to light.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Extensive knowledge of payroll functions
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent computer skills
· Proficient with payroll software
· The ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations in a busy office atmosphere
· Effective time management, initiative, and dependability.
· This position requires the administrator to work with a diverse population, so a positive attitude, overall friendliness and excellent communication skills, is a must in this position. Communication consistently happens in a variety of ways in this role – through a combination of email, phone, and in person communication.
Education/ Experience: At least three to five years of experience in processing payroll is required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related field is preferred. Experience with processing payroll for 1000+ employees is preferred.
Bilingual: Not required
Physical requirements while performing the duties of this job include:
· Being able to lift up to 40 pounds, as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling
· Have the ability to sit for long period of time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or office machines; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance.
· The environment the employee will be working in is a climate-controlled office with hazards typical to that environment.
· The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.