The Operations Director is responsible for the management of operational support for the Carthage System Managed Farms. The responsibilities include management of the following departments; Production (Commercial, Multiplication, Boar Studs and Finishing operations), Environmental, Nutrition, Maintenance and Merchandising and Finishing Records. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and provide strategic direction for the support departments listed earlier in an effective manner that meets the customer’s needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• Must take a forward look at future needs and industry trends to develop sound short and long term plans.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong background in Project Management
• Outstanding customer service orientation and ability to work with people at all levels in the organization required
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Effective presentation skills
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
1. A bachelor degree (Business, Operations Management) required; Masters Preferred AND
2. 5 years minimum in a senior Operations Management field OR
3. Any appropriate combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Must demonstrate excellent written and oral presentation skills and have a self-motivated attitude
2. Must be detail oriented, possess strong work ethic, and show ability to work independently
3. Ability to work under frequent time pressures
4. Ability to adapt easily to change
5. Ability to walk, sit, squat, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time
For consideration, submit a resume to: Human Resources, PO Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
OR to email a cover letter and resume, click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button . Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.