PURPOSE OF POSITION: To efficiently and effectively handle the day to day office routines. Be able to communicate, schedule and transfer information between employees, farms, independent contractors and vendors of Iowa Select Farms essential for day-to-day business operations. This position is very visible to the community and the general public and is located at the front desk of the West Des Moines office.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violation.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Politely answer and transfer incoming phone calls on a multi-line phone system.
· Politely greet visitors and potential employees as they enter the office.
· Coordinate and schedule conference rooms and office space for various meetings that take place in the office.
· Distribute incoming and outgoing faxes to appropriate departments and office personnel.
· Coordinate all incoming and outgoing mail and parcel deliveries.
· Provide administrative support to Officers and Directors. May include the following
· Assist with Iowa Select Farms events and provide support when necessary
· Assist in the organization of management team member’s schedule’s and daily tasks.
· Ensure all supplies are ordered and stocked for the office.
· Ensure the office space maintains cleanliness and professionalism
· Provide administrative support to the Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation annual spring gala
· Provide administrative support for the Iowa Select Farms Scholarship Program.
· Accuracy and attention to details are important.
· Confidentiality of information, calls and conversations is required.
· Assist employees with general administrative tasks.
· Order office supplies.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on the operations of the business, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days on time. It is important that the phones are covered at all times between you and another individual.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during health and staffing challenges is required.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS TIME PERMITS:
· Assist other departments with weekly and monthly report processing and mailings.
· Conduct other office-related jobs determined by supervisor.
Education/ Experience: Preference will be given to applicants with at least five years of experience in office administration, preferably with general knowledge of the swine industry or other ag-related field.
This person must be able to multi-task and handle stressful situations in a busy office atmosphere. Thus, they must demonstrate effective time management, initiative, organization, and dependability.
This position requires the receptionist to work with a diverse population, so a positive attitude, overall friendliness, compassion for and understanding of people is a must in this position. Computer literacy is important with competencies in Avaya Phone Systems, Excel, Word, Access and Internet Explorer.
Physical requirements while performing the duties of this job; include the employee being able to lift up to 40 pounds, as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, have the ability to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or office machines. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The environment the employee will be working in is a climate-controlled office with hazards typical to that environment. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.