**MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AND POSITIONS AVAILABLE – specify location in application**
Performs functions that are directly and indirectly related to the care of the nursery pig. Performs basic site requirements such as housekeeping, feed ordering, sanitation and load in/out are components required of the Nursery Herdsperson. Will also be a resource to the Early Pig Care Specialist when required as pig care is the primary responsibility for the nursery staff.
1. Help receive, sort, and size pigs.
2. Guide trailers to chutes and help unload pigs off trailers when needed.
3. Assist in loading of feeder pigs.
4. Assist in moving excess feed from room to room, or room to hallway.
5. Assist with maintenance to include: cleaning of shop, office, site and laundry
6. Feed young pigs on comfort boards.
7. Mix liquid nutrition and fill bowls for small, thin pigs in center bowls.
8. Tattoo and vaccinate feeder pigs.
9. Tear down and set up rooms including emptying feeders, putting mats down, setting feeders backup, hanging heat lamps, and pulling mats out of pens as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Position requires individual must be self-motivated and has the willingness to learn the required skills to assist in the production of a quality feeder pig.
Individual must be trustworthy, dependable, reliable and a team player. Must have ability to fulfill requirements as directed by Pod Lead or Service Manager.
Utilizes independent judgment in development and execution of day-to-day responsibilities.
Apply online by clicking HERE or call 1-800-889-8531 for more information.
Or click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Christensen Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.