MINNESOTA SOW FARM MANAGER
MEDIUM SIZED SOW FARM is seeking an experienced swine professional to lead and manage a sow farm in Minnesota. Given the size of the farm, this position is ideally suited to a husband/wife team or any two individuals who work well together. Individual must have solid experience in both farrowing and artificial insemination but does not require prior management experience, therefore is well suited to someone who is looking to advance and manage their own sow farm. Excellent veterinarian/administrative support provided and compensation package is highly competitive for the right individual(s).
Responsibilities and Duties.
• Minimum three (3) years of swine production experience with specific skill and knowledge in farrowing and artificial insemination. This position would be excellent for a husband and wife team.
Knowledge and Skills.
• Ability to manage time and priorities.
• Ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
• Ability to handle all aspects of farrowing.
• Ability to handle all aspects of artificial insemination.
• Ability to recognize problems before they occur and take a proactive approach to resolve the issue.
• Possess excellent problem-solving, leadership, and project management skills.
• Proven ability to lead by example.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships and support organizational processes and goals.
Salary and Benefits.
• Salary based on experience – highly competitive.
• Health insurance benefits.
• 401(k) pension plan.
• Personal Paid Leave (PPL).
• Excellent overall compensation package provided.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your cover letter and resume. Please state the job title as the subject of your email application.