The incumbent will be responsible for managing the nutrition program and interfacing with other functional areas such as hog management, feed manufacturing, purchasing, and veterinary health on nutritional concerns. In this role, the incumbent will spend approximately 40% of their time in the field supporting swine feeding practices. The role of Manager, Nutrition and Feed Performance will complement that of existing nutrition resources and the other functional areas to ensure we are providing the best nutrition practices to our operations.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
• Accountable for MLAF formulas, diet specifications and feeding program
• Provide in-barn & feed mill nutrition technical support
• Ensure adherence to nutritional programs and feed budgets
• Provide support for micro and macro ingredient purchasing
• Assist in problem-solving of on farm issues related to feeding practices
• Provide support/training in on farm feed management
• Assist in technology application (new in-feed technologies, feeding programs, benchmarking animal performance)
• Use computer models to predict and manage performance and identify opportunities to remove excess costs.
• Provide support to the feed mill quality assurance program
• Track cause and effect relationships between nutritional decisions and performance
• Provide updated purchasing specifications to purchasing team
• Implement best practices through external focus and benchmarking
What we have to offer you:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan • Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
• Bachelor’s degree, Animal Sciences or related equivalent education
• Minimum 5+ years in swine nutrition and production
• Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered
• Leader in coaching and training
• Strong experience in nutrition computer software – specifically brill
• Occasional travel
• Positive team player • An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Values
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.