Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by highperforming, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industryleading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN Arborg Feed Mill (Arborg, MB) – Full Time Position
This position is responsible for the preventative and non-scheduled maintenance on a range of production equipment for a feed manufacturing plant. This position reports directly to the Senior Supervisor, Operations.
– Maintain, repair and overhaul of plant production equipment, building and grounds
– Perform preventative maintenance and improvements or modifications to production equipment
– Support projects including working on project teams as required in the design, installation and commissioning of new or modified equipment
– Maintain complete & accurate records of maintenance inspections and repairs, preventative maintenance activities and meter readings
– Schedule / track / complete preventative maintenance on all equipment, machinery & boilers
– Sourcing and inventory control of required parts
– While working independently, troubleshoot machine problems and devise solutions
– Excellent mechanical aptitude with ability to troubleshoot
– Practical experience performing as a maintenance technician in an industrial setting
– Experience with automated manufacturing equipment
– Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
– Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment, a self-starter who is able to multi-task and change priorities
– Knowledge of PLC and controls would be an asset
– Licensed Industrial Mechanic(millwright) or equivalent work experience
– A valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license is required
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.