Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
LIVESTOCK/FEED TRUCK DRIVER
Landmark, MB – Full Time Position
Wage Range: $21.00 to $26.00 Per Hour
The livestock truck driver is responsible for the humane transportation of livestock (pigs), while providing courteous, quality-conscious customer service between our barns, as set out by Maple Leaf Agri-Farms company guidelines. Maple Leaf Agri-Farms runs primarily Peterbilt tractors with an average fleet age of less than 3 years and is transitioning to state of the art hydraulic lift deck trailers that improve the ease of livestock handling and trailer management, as well as promoting sustainable transportation. This position is based out of Landmark, MB, and the role involves the flexible completion of both livestock and periodic feed transport as required to meet business needs.
▪ Humane transportation of livestock (pigs) between our facilities
▪ Deliver loads of feed as assigned by dispatcher
▪ Strictly adhere to all Biosecurity rules and policies
▪ Perform regular truck/trailer inspections
▪ Report all maintenance requirements to supervisor
▪ Complete all necessary paperwork
▪ Maintain log book
▪ Keep tractor/trailer unit clean and well organized, both inside and out, notwithstanding inclement weather conditions and the demand for on-time deliveries
▪ Ability to work flexible hours, including shift work and some weekends
▪ Valid Class 1A Driver’s License with favorable Driver’s Abstract
▪ Minimum of 2 years experience driving truck/trailer unit
▪ Minimum of 1 year experience in livestock handling
▪ Strong communication skills, both orally and written ▪ Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.