Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by highperforming, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industryleading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
JOURNEYMAN GAS FITTER
Southwestern MB Region (Brandon, MB Area) – Full Time Position (1 Year Term)
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Projects & Maintenance the candidate will be responsible for providing general Gas Fitting support for Maple Leaf Agri Farms facilities throughout South Central Manitoba and will be based out of Winkler, MB region.
▪ Minimize production downtime by responding promptly to production calls
▪ Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and gas fitting code specifications
▪ Install, examine, replace, repair, and provide on the job training on gas piping (propane and natural gas), unit heaters, boilers, refrigeration units, plumbing, HVAC and other related components
▪ Repair and trouble-shoot production equipment
▪ Complete required preventative maintenance schedules, work orders, and equipment tracking
▪ Contribute to the preventative maintenance program by submitting recommendations for improvement
▪ Conduct assessments and/or audits of facilities and/or equipment
▪ Document and record all complete and incomplete scheduled work orders
▪ Determine and apply best practices for solutions to correct deficiencies
▪ Journeyman Gas Fitter (Class A or B) Manitoba license is required
▪ Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
▪ Ability to work efficiently with all operations
▪ Self-directed/motivated team player
▪ Excellent computer knowledge
▪ High degree of attention to detail
▪ Ability to work in a farm atmosphere
▪ Adherence to Health and Safety regulations
▪ Ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
▪ Ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
▪ Previous Maintenance experience working in the hog industry considered an asset
▪ Ability to travel within business operation is required
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.