Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Rural Manitoba (Southeastern MB Region) – Full Time Position
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Projects & Maintenance, the candidate will be responsible for providing general electrical support for Maple Leaf Agri Farms facilities in Manitoba.
• Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and electrical code specifications
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, case
• assemblies and other electrical components
• Repair and trouble-shoot production equipment
• Completion of required preventative maintenance schedules, work orders and equipment tracking • Active contribution to the preventative maintenance program by submitting recommendations for improvement
• Provide on the job training on ventilation controls, alarm systems, and other equipment as required
• Conduct assessments and/or audits of facilities and/or equipment
• Document and record all finished and unfinished scheduled work orders
• Seek out and apply best practices as solutions to correct deficiencies
• Must be available to travel within business operation
• Journeyman Electrician license in the province of Manitoba
• Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work efficiently with all operations
• Self-directed/motivated team player
• Excellent computer knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a farm atmosphere
• Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
• The ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
• An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
• Previous Maintenance experience and experience working in the hog industry an asset
• Ability to travel within business operation and overnighting is required
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.