HyLife Ltd. is a leading hog production and pork processing company with bases of operation in LaBroquerie and Neepawa, Manitoba. To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products to top world markets, we strive to employ talented and motivated people capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. HyLife is currently seeking an experienced Integrated Pork Quality Specialist to join our dynamic team.
Job Summary: The selected candidate will collaborate with both HyLife Farms and Foods to optimize pork quality that will meet customer specifications in a cost effective manner, maximizing processing yields and sales objectives and participate in new pork product development. Travel between HyLife Foods (Neepawa) and Farms at Head Office (La Broquerie) will be required.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
– M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Food Science, Meat Science or related discipline
– Experience operating in a pork processing facility in a meat science capacity
– Experience working in an integrated pork production operation is not required but considered an asset
– Technical expertise and experience with meat testing procedures and evaluation
– Strong working knowledge of meat science principles
– Understands key drivers impacting pork quality from live production to pork processing operations
– Access to an academic and professional network in this field
– Strong communication skills
– Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret rules
– Ability to develop solutions
– Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.hylife.com/currentopportunities.php .