The general manager (GM) for Carthage Veterinary Service, Ltd. directs and coordinates activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability objectives. The GM leads a diverse group of department managers across all CVS business areas. The GM reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals. Confers with owners and other senior leaders to review achievements, opportunities and drive the business forward. The GM reports to the president of the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Must possess a strong business acumen, demonstrated strategic & forward thinking planning, be adept at project management and problem solving.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agriculture or Animal Science or above, Master’s degree preferred AND
2. A 5 to 10 year’s related experience or training OR
3. Any similar combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Ability to build, lead, manage and motivate teams
2. Passion, or the willingness to become immersed in work
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Strong time management skills
6. Strong negotiation skills
7. The ability to set priorities
8. Strong communication skills
For consideration, submit a resume to: Human Resources, PO Box 220, Carthage, IL 62321.
Apply online by clicking HERE to fill out the web application.
OR to email a cover letter and resume, click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button . Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.