Department/Location of Position: Grow-Finish / Washington, IA
Position Reports To: Head of Production
Primary Job Responsibilities: Directly responsible overseeing the safe and ethical care of multiple independently operated swine finishing sites within the Brenneman Pork system.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
• 2+ years of experience in swine production
• 2+ years of experience in personnel management
• Must possess organization, leadership, production, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to use a computer effectively, including use of MS Excel, Office & Outlook
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift, move or carry up to 60 pounds with reasonable accommodation
• Agility to avoid direct physical contact with unpredictable animals
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, and squat for extended period of time on varied surfaces and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
• Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection
• Ability to reach with hands and arms, balance, and climb over gates up to 48 inches in height
• Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
• Must possess good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the use of hands to finger, handle, grasp or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals
• Interest or passion for producing quality pork at a competitive price to feed the world
• Respect and care for all animals is required. The ideal candidate must also possess experience in creating a culture of respect and care for all animals.
• Knowledge and enforcement of the latest industry biosecurity best practices must be observed and enforced throughout the farm.
• Individual must be dedicated, goal-oriented, motivated and able to work effectively as a team member
• Excellent interpersonal & communications skills with ability to work effectively with others in a positive manner
• Able to operate and communicate effectively in a fast-passed system
• Excellent time management & organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of and ability to follow company policies and procedures precisely
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to multitask
Visit our website to apply online by clicking HERE!.