PURPOSE OF POSITION: Develop improvements in production throughput, efficiencies, and operating costs through innovation, new technologies, and research and development. Responsible for overseeing all air filtration functions on Iowa Select Farms production sites. Responsible for overseeing all air filtration functions on Iowa Select Farms production
sites and developing improvements in production throughput and efficiencies.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violations.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Follow company guidelines for vehicle usage.
· Shower in and out of facilities to complete tasks.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to walk into barns by start time given.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during health and staffing challenges is required.
· Be available to work in an on-call status for weekend emergency needs.
· Identify potential improvements that could increase throughput, decrease cost, increase efficiency, or protect the company. Work with Engineer on investigating, determining potential ROI, field-testing, and then implementation. Improvements could be new technologies, processes, materials, methods, etc
· Work closely with site managers and production supervisors to ensure PPF system performance and address any issues or concerns that arise during system operation.
· Assist in training farm staff, supervisors, and maintenance personnel on ventilation system, controllers, and filtration basics.
· Identify improvements to the ventilation and filtration system to reduce operating costs, improve efficiencies, or improve animal throughput and implement company wide.
· Develop system performance evaluation methodology (e.g. leak checks, filter performance testing/replacement, etc.) and coordinate with Engineer to ensure continued optimal performance of ventilation and filtration system.
· Be responsible for ventilation operation and filtration upkeep at sites as assigned. Including but not limited to:
o Regular vbank filter sampling and testing for efficiency and airflow
o Prefilter testing for airflow
o Supervise filter replacements/installations
o Work with vet/supervisor to ensure quarterly filter audits are performed and any issues addressed
o Work with R&M tech to address any maintenance issues that arise with the PP ventilation system.
o Work with farm staff on day-to-day troubleshooting, questions, and issues. Communicate on changes needed due to wind, temperature, season, etc.
· Must have a thorough understanding of electrical concepts and must have complete knowledge and ability to efficiently run a volt-meter.
· Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to troubleshoot electrical issues.
· Repair and maintenance, construction and ventilation experience is extremely helpful to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
Bilingual: Not required
Education/ Experience: 2-4 year degree in AgSystems or Industrial Technology is preferred or 3-5 years relatable work experience (HVAC, maintenance, electrical). Mechanical mindedness is a necessity. The ability to demonstrate knowledge in general construction methods including electrical, and ventilation. Advanced electrical knowledge is preferred.
Qualifications: A valid driver’s license and a good driving record is a must for this position.
This person must be able to work with limited or no supervision, so they must have initiative, organization, dependability, and be self-motivated. They will have to troubleshoot a wide variety of electrical and ventilation issues, so being mechanically minded and having a firm understanding of electricity and ventilation is a necessity. This position will require the technician to at times work with other employees so team skills and good communication are important. This person will also need basic computer and smart phone skills.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds over their head, climb ladders and to climb over gates up to 48 inches in height as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, work for extending periods of time above their head, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. Direct contact with animals may occur, so company bio-security practices must be understood and practiced at all times. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the scope of the employee’s responsibility.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.