Position Summary: You will provide leadership and management for the genetic improvement team in support of the Vice President of Genetic Programs and R&D. You will design, conduct and manage R&D projects focused on pig health and collaborate with Geneticists in other R&D areas. Additionally, you will develop and provide direct genetic program support for Genesus Inc. internal and external herds and customers, including international customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
• PhD in Animal Breeding/Genetics/Genomics or related area
• Minimum of 7 years of experience past a PhD, including experience within a commercial breeding company
• Demonstrated team and project leadership and management experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and reporting skills (English required)
• Proficiency in problem solving in a team environment
• Demonstrated experience working with large databases including pedigree, phenotypic and genomic data
• Experience and proficiency with statistical analysis and database software (R and SQL preferred)
• Experience and proficiency with genetic/genomic evaluation methods and software
• Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail
Travel and Work Environment: Ability and willingness to travel (up to 15% of time) and work in a variety of environments (office, farms, processing facilities, etc.)
Position Location: Flexible, but in the USA or Canada
Position Availability: Immediately
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Genesus Inc. has a competitive benefits program.
Applications: Please submit via email a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in this position, a curriculum vitae, and the names of three references, to:
Bob Kemp, PhD PAg
VP Genetic Programs and R&D, Genesus Inc.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position.