PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide monitoring and training to independent contract crews that provide services to Iowa Select Farms. These services include loading of pigs, facility washing, and vaccination. It will be the monitor’s responsibility to ensure services are completed to Iowa Select Farms’ standards and in adherence to ISF production wellbeing policies. To audit processes and improve communication by sharing information between contractors, site managers, their supervisors and the Director of Biosecurity.
· Adhere to and enforce ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and partnering with Production Well-being team when incident occurs.
· Adhere to and enforce ISF biosecurity policy at all times and fixing violation if issue is brought to light.
· Adhere to and enforce ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Monitor that load crew is on time and has appropriate number of members.
· Assure load crew has the necessary tools to effectively complete their tasks.
· Assure contract drivers have the necessary tools and information to effectively complete their tasks.
· Train and maintain performance of load crews.
· Work to reduce overall death loss and pig injury.
· Direct load crew’s loading techniques based on varying weather and site conditions.
· Complete load crew audit in Tools for every load out monitored.
· Inspect one site weekly washed by each wash crew working for ISF and complete audit in Tools.
· Monitor each vaccination crew at least once weekly.
· Alert supervisor to any past or foreseeable future problem.
· Meet regularly with the Director of Biosecurity to develop strategies designed to improve overall performance of crews.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on welfare of animals, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to walk into barns by start time given.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours is required.
· Work week will total approximately 50 hours.
· Keep record of crews monitored to make sure equal time is spent with every crew.
· Achieve consistent results.
· Be effective in conflict resolution by addressing conflict quickly.
· Take action immediately by partnering with appropriate departments when made aware of policy violations.
· Communicate and prioritize daily execution of tasks.
· Motivate others to accomplish goals and tasks.
Education/ Experience: Previous supervisory experience in logistics or swine production operations is desired.
This person must be a highly motivated, self-starter and be able to schedule tasks and supervise people. Thus, they must have initiative, organization, and dependability. Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds and to climb over gates up to 48 inches in height as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. Must have valid driver’s license and pass MVR and background check.
This position requires the supervisor to work closely with contract drivers, contract crews, site managers, production staff and other employees, so teamwork and effective communication skills are very important. Direct contact with animals will occur, so good stockmanship and bio-security practices must be understood and practiced at all times. Computer literacy is important with competencies in Excel, Word and Internet Explorer. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.