Waukon Feed Ranch is looking for an organized, knowledgeable and ‘go-getter’ to join our sow farm division. We manage sow farms for other integrators and currently oversee 25,000 sows and are growing in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin!
Position Function: Lead a team in the daily work of caring for sows and piglets, assuring optimum production within the sow farm. Responsible for all aspects of animal care, facility maintenance and team management.
Experience: 3+ years in swine management experience AND minimum 2 years’ people management experience OR combination of the above. This position works closely with other managers, supervisors, production staff and other company employees. Teamwork and effective communication skills are very important, along with the ability to onboard new employees and maintain training with all sow farm employees. Must be a self-starter and able to schedule daily work and supervise people. Must have initiative, organizational skills and dependable.
• Processes problem solving techniques and skills
• Knowledge of overall business strategy and operations of the sow farm
• Computer skills with proficiency in spreadsheets, database and word processing
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to excel with a fast-tracked work environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk, climb over gates for extended periods of time & lift 50 lbs. plus
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please list the job title as the subject of your email application.