PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for reviewing maintenance work orders, scheduling site visits and completing maintenance and repairs of swine facilities and equipment for Iowa Select Farms production sites.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violations.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Follow company guidelines for vehicle usage.
· Utilize the ISF Tools work order system to effectively track all repairs and labor hours associated with each repair.
· Be available to work in an on-call rotation for weekend emergency maintenance needs.
· Demonstrate knowledge in general construction methods including plumbing, electrical, carpentry and welding. With advanced electrical knowledge being a plus.
· Manage parts inventory as necessary to complete necessary repairs.
· Complete repairs safely and accurately according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
· Work with various hand and power tools to complete necessary repairs.
· Maintain equipment inventory levels on maintenance vehicles to complete necessary repairs.
· Shower in and out of facilities as necessary to complete maintenance work orders.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on welfare or animals, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to walk into barns by start time given.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during health and staffing challenges is required.
Bilingual: Not required
Education/ Experience: Experience with generators as well as transfer switches.
Qualifications: A valid driver’s license and a good driving record is a must for this position.
This person must be able to work with limited or no supervision, so they must have initiative, organization, dependability, and be self-motivated. They will have to troubleshoot a wide variety of mechanical issues, so being mechanically minded is a necessity. This position will require the technician to at times work with other employees so team skills and good communication are important. This person will also need basic computer and smart phone skills.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, climb ladders and to climb over gates up to 48 inches in height as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. Direct contact with animals may occur, so company bio-security practices must be understood and practiced at all times. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the scope of the employee’s responsibility.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.