PURPOSE OF JOB: The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for improving, designing, building, testing, producing and implementing BI reporting in accordance with specified business needs throughout the organization.
(Order of Essential Functions does not indicate importance of functions.)
1. Experience collecting data, analyzing it, and building reports.
2. Analyze business processes and data flow to create new and rebuild current internal reports in BI.
3. Work closely with our developers to update/create views which can be used to build reports.
4. Work with Microsoft SQL to build complex queries joining data across multiple tables to provide the necessary information to build the reports
5. Develop, manage and maintain liaison with teams of end users throughout the organization to assess utilization, evaluate organizational needs, consider system enhancements and identify implementation strategies and priorities.
6. Provide training and operational assistance to enable a positive end-user experience with BI Reporting.
7. Solicit information from and work with outside venders when appropriate to identify improvement opportunities within the scope of the position.
8. Communicate progress, technical issues and resolutions to IT Director.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by IT Director.
1. Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a systematic approach to decision making; to identify the important dimensions of a problem, determine potential causes, obtain relevant information and specify alternate solutions that result in effectiveness.
2. Able to create positive energy in both individuals and groups to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
3. Able to establish and carry out specific courses of action for self and/or groups by organizing and prioritizing tasks.
4. Demonstrate sound time-management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing, and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner.
5. Able to create and participate in a team environment.
6. Able to interpret verbal and nonverbal behavior, to develop accurate understanding of other’s needs, values, and opinions.
7. Attend administrative, departmental and team meetings as scheduled.
8. Present a professional image in dress, language and action at all times promoting trust and confidence in the team and the organization.
9. Continually seek and accept opportunities for personal and professional growth.
1. 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining BI reports and analytics
2. Experience with SQL queries and SQL tools to extract data
3. Experience with a major reporting tool such as Tableau, Power BI, or Spotfire
4. Agriculture experience preferred.
5. Forecast modeling experience beneficial.
6. Basic computer skills used to administer and maintain reports
7. Experience with conducting requirements gathering and mapping needs to technical
8. Strong communication skills.
9. Successful experience in analyzing business processes and data flow to improve current
10. Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on project such as computer screen
or detailed paperwork.
11. Ability to lift up to fifty pounds without assistance and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
12. Be able to effectively communicate orally (in person and over the telephone) and in writing
(using electronic devices and handwritten) with other employees and organizational contacts in
1. Standard work hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday at Corporate Office with
occasional weekend and evening hours as required.
2. Climate-controlled office with hazards typical to that environment
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.