Position: Associate Veterinarian: 50% Bovine/Mixed and 50% Swine Practice
Objective: To provide outstanding veterinary care and service to the patients and clients of Pipestone Veterinary Services.
Reporting: The Associate Veterinarian performs under the guidance and supervision of the Managing Veterinarian of Pipestone Veterinary Services.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain trusted and effective client relationships.
- Generate an accurate diagnosis through taking a good oral history, effectively performing a thorough physical examination, conducting appropriate diagnostic tests, and use of other necessary tools.
- Determine and communicate most effective treatment options and work with client to arrive at the best treatment plan.
- Execute treatment plans and monitor patient(herd) progress/outcomes.
- Develop and promote proactive health programs, including biosecurity protocols, vaccination plans, and parasite control programs.
- Understand livestock production practices and use to actively promote animal health, animal well-being, and food safety.
- Encourage positive culture with clients and employees in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism while pushing towards the best results possible.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the healthcare team that will positively influence the level of care and service provided to the clients and patients of Pipestone Veterinary Services.
- Possess a broad base of knowledge and skills requisite for the practice of veterinary medicine.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Demonstrate a scientific approach that is accompanied by ethical and professional attitudes, behaviors and moral principles that are consistent with Pipestone core values
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures to ensure profitability and high quality care for our clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets