– Leadership opportunity
– An innovative and expanding piggery enterprise
– Te Aroha, New Zealand
This world-class modern piggery is situated on the North Island in the Te Aroha region of New Zealand near the picturesque Coromandel Peninsular.
Focussed on operating at best practice, this organisation has partnered with large food companies to utilise excess food to produce a consumable stock feed which meets the nutritional requirements of their modern 700 sow, farrow-to-finish piggery.
Through innovative engineering, this company is also implementing a bio-fuel system from effluent, as well as a method of removing nitrogen and other elements from wastewater.
The Assistant Manager Production will assist with managing the day-to-day operations of the piggery, whilst also striving to achieve the business’ production targets, genetics and high animal welfare standards.
· Supervise the piggery team to achieve production targets
· Maintain WHS, animal welfare and animal husbandry to best practice standards
· Manage staff to achieve continual improvement and innovation
· Develop team knowledge of animal husbandry and nutrition
· Implement effective quality management systems and animal welfare programs
Skills and Experience
· Significant production experience (3-5 years) from breeding to finishing is essential
· Best practice pig production, liquid feeding and nutrition experience
· Strong organisational and communication skills
· Previous experience in a team leadership role
· Knowledge of quality management systems and workplace health and safety (WHS)
· Proficient computer skills with Excel spreadsheets and animal production software
· Post-secondary qualifications in animal production would be highly regarded
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Geoff Lucas on +61 8 8201 9999.
Or alternatively via email to email@example.com quoting reference number GL3201.