PURPOSE OF POSITION: To work as a team member caring for and administering to weaned gilts and feeder sized gilts to assure optimum productivity. This person will assist where needed working with animals and light facility repair.
· Adhere to ISF production well-being policies at all times and collaborate with PWB team to ensure all employees follow and enforce ISF production well-being policies.
· Adhere to ISF biosecurity policies at all times and ensure direct reports are properly trained to ISF biosecurity policies.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures. Wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· The three key responsibilities listed above are all tracked via audits, you play a critical role in the success of audits for the entire farm which also impacts incentive bonus payouts.
· Care and management of animals to ensure that:
· Animals are properly fed.
· Water is available.
· Observation of all animals daily and ensuring sick animals are properly treated.
· Overall animal conditions are evaluated and maintained.
· Follow proper steps for timely euthanasia and be able to identify when it is needed.
· Care and management of facilities to ensure that:
· Fans, curtains, heaters and other equipment are working properly.
· Ventilation equipment is adjusted to provide proper environment.
· Facilities are kept clean, including power washing and disinfecting.
· Facilities are organized and repaired between groups of pigs or as needed.
· Promote and demonstrate safe animal handling practices.
· Maintain accurate records using ISF protocols to complete necessary forms and electronic data.
· Order and dispense medications and vaccinations according to ISF protocols.
· Proper handling of chemicals (storage and application) and follow PPE requirements.
· Follow ISF mortality removal protocols and ensure safety and biosecurity procedures are being followed.
· Move animals (gilts and boars) using ISF safe handling policies.
· Provide feedback to farm manager.
· Receive, sort and pen incoming pigs.
· Assist with loading and unloading activities.
· Assist with month end inventories on animals and supplies.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on welfare of animals, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to walk into barns by given start time.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during health and staffing challenges is required.
· Perform other tasks assigned by manager or supervisor
Bilingual: Not required
Education/ Experience: None required
This position requires the farm manager to work closely with other managers, supervisors, production staff and other company employees, so teamwork and effective communication skills are very important. Direct contact with animals will occur, so good stockmanship and bio-security practices must be understood and practiced at all times. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
This person must be motivated and be able to follow directions and complete tasks effectively. Thus, they must have initiative, organization, and dependability. Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds, remove mortality weighing up to 300 lbs. with farm supplied tools, and climb over gates up to 48 inches in height. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.